Friday, December 15, 2006

Clive Lloyd's Criticism of Sarwan's Test Omission

I agree with Clive Lloyd's criticism of the omission of Ramnaresh Sarwan from, I believe it was, the second test match between West Indies and Pakistan in the Jamaica Observer of December 15, 2006. From the get go I thought it was another stroke of genius from "THE PRINCE and his Merrymen" and who incidentally or maybe not went on to make a double century batting one down. This is where Sarwan normally bats of late. Sarwan was, as the officiall explanation goes, out of form. I say it is another feather in the hat of THE PRINCE at the expense of West Indies cricket and that of another young talented cricketer.

I can't wait until the CWC 2007 come and goes and THE PRINCE finally goes too. Yeah, he will go out as the top batsman in the world or at least surely one of the greatest, and he deserves it. He has been a class act as a batsman but as a captain he has been pathetic. And what is more he has gotten three bites at the captain 'cherry' and has failed miserably all three times. I believe that THE PRINCE thinks too much and tries too hard when he becomes captain and therefore creates problems for himself and for everybody else. For balance I must knock the West Indies Cricket Board who have facilitated the reign of THE PRINCE. I wonder what are they going to doing when THE PRINCE has to leave in 2007?

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Archives